VISIONARIES: Seers of the Soul
Curators: France Garrido and Arlé Sklar-Weinstein
All these words conjure up their own imagery…however the seer - visionary supersedes any of the definitions these words hold. The artists delve into the subconscious and/or dream and glean, meditate, intuit, and from that space create from a base that goes equally inward and outward. In essence a mandala, that begins with a center and emanates out. The process may begin with sound, word, thought, visions, dreams and/or nature…no matter what the source, what is manifested is a sincere deep interchange with our most inner voice…This voice rings softly and gently perceptible by those who listen intently, in the creation of artworks.
There are visionaries, Seers of the Soul, that walk down every path. This exhibition hails artists who dive deep, and emerge with new insights and vision. They, with fear or not, tread deeply into other worlds.
France Garrido email@example.com 201.319.1504
September 6, 2014 to October 11, 2014
More about the exhibition:
VISIONARIES: Seers of the Soul
- Deadline for online submissions: July 26, 2014
Please submit images through our online submission form HERE.
No ENTRY FEE – Artists may submit up to 6 entries.
There is a $20 installation fee PER accepted work, payable online at time of notification.
SIZE RESTRICTION 60”H x 40”W and no heavier than 100 lb
- Notification of acceptance: August 3rd , 2014
- Hand Delivered Works: August 30th between 10 am & 2 pm
- Shipped Works: Due Dates: August 25 – August 28, 2014
- Pick up: October 11, 4pm – 6pm
- COMMISSION: Blue Door Gallery receives 35% commission on all sales
Curator has the right to refuse work that is misrepresented at the time of drop off.
All works must be ready to hang.
No Saw Tooth Hardware! The size given for works should be the framed size.
For Installations: Multiple images required
Failure to follow instructions may result in the nullification of your entry.
Delivery/Pickup of work:
- Hand Delivery: Hand-delivered work. Packaging must be removed from the gallery at the time of delivery. Some pedestals are available. SPECIAL installation mounting hardware, fasteners, supports etc, must be provided to be installed.
- Consignment Forms: Each accepted artist will be sent, by email, a consignment form. These forms should be filled out, signed and returned.
- Labels: Work must have temporary label attached to the front of the piece of artwork, with Artist Name, Title, Media, PRICE
- In Person Pick Up: Artist is responsible for pick up. The gallery accepts no responsibility for work not retrieved on pick-up date. A fee of $5.00 /day will be charged to the artist thereafter for storage. After 30 days the gallery may dispose of the work.
- Shipped Work: ALL Shipped works MUST be PREPAID and delivered WITH RETURN POSTAGE! THIS MEANS A PREPAID SHIPPING LABEL.
***USE ONLY FED EX OR UPS. DO NOT USE USPO. SEPARATE SHIPPING ADDRESS WILL BE PROVIDED TO ACCEPTED ARTISTS
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR WORK FOR CONSIDERATION
You must have a user account on this website in order to submit your art to our calls for artists or to our webstore. To create an account or to log in please go here.
You will receive an email from us with a link to authenticate your account. You must use this link to log in for the first time.
Once logged in, you will see the "My Workbench" menu in a black bar across the top of your browser window. You will see further instructions once you do this step.